It’s 2016 and I’m still listening to Thursday. This band sure has staying power. Anyway, was thinking of what to write, when I clicked through my old new year posts and decided to update a post I wrote back in 2008. I’ve updated the date for this blog quiz (why does nobody do them anymore? in fact why don’t people blog about fun things anymore anymore?! it’s all advertorials followed by more advertorials…)
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
I started using Linux, a mechanical keyboard and an electrical shaver. Also, I went to Melbourne.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any resolutions for this year, but I wanted to write more (which I did). I still have yet to make my first computer game and record my second EP – I guess they can be goals for 2016!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister and some of my friends gave birth. Welcome to this shitty planet, whee!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Better time management. More songs and a computer game by me.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably the Big Bad Wolf Sale 2015 – I had never experienced working so many hours straight in my life before.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Switching to vaping, mechanical keyboards, Linux, and electric shavers.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing patience with my own family. Sometimes I feel like the worst kind of son/brother. Sorry fam 🙁
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Still suffering from Eczema. Got heavy fever at one point, but other than that I’ve been alright!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought quite a lot of things for myself this year and it’s all been good. But I would say new pickups for my guitar since it’s the only thing making me money (RIP Team Suck Ass, I’m never gonna be a pro gamer haha).
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom for constantly battling the after effects of her stroke. She’s been a real champ about it. <3 13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My own behavior - after too many drinks. 14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage, car loan, taxes, car maintenance. Cars really use up a lot of money. 15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Watching OG struggle through the group stages of the Frankfurt Major and then finally winning it in the end. Also, my first gig at Doiffee, starting my new job and my sister's new son. 16. What song will always remind you of 2015? Allison Weiss – New Love.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, thinner, richer. I guess I had a great year? Haha.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Gained more MMR, wrote more songs, and played more shows.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Drinking excessively and procrastinating.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Celebrated it on the 26th with a bunch of friends eating good food and playing Pictionary. 11/10 would do it again.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
Was already in love. (ZOMG same answer as 2007)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Mr. Robot.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
The Amazing Remarkable Monsieur Leotard
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Allison Weiss, No Devotion, Lil Dicky.
26. What did you want and get?
Mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse, PC upgrade, vape, electric shaver, new shoes, new bag, new blazer (thanks Milin!).
27. What did you want and not get?
New graphics card (still on the fence about whether I need one or not).
28. What was your favorite film this year?
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Dinner with mom, Uncle Ooi and Milin. Turned 30.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finding a million bucks under my pillow.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
I’m back to wearing fitting clothes because I lost weight. Yay!
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Scarlett Johansson, Taylor Swift.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I didn’t care much about politics back in 2007… I still don’t.
35. Who did you miss?
Na’Vi in the finals of Dota 2 tournaments BibleThump
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Met loads of great people in my new (current) job – don’t have anyone to single out.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Puking in your own car is the worst shit ever. Seriously, don’t do it, kids. – George 2015.